March 9th, 2022 from 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Paraeducators and Instructional Assistants who are interested in becoming Future Educators are invited to join us March 9th from 4:00pm-7:00pm for a virtual resource fair designed to get you the information and connections you need to get on the best path forward towards becoming a Teacher. The Grow Your Own program and Future Multicultural and Multilingual Educators event is here to support you along the way. Meet people who have gone through a program like this, talk to your district staff recruiters, learn about local college programs, and learn about financial aid opportunities.
Day of Agenda:
- 4:00 PM | BIPOC Educator Panel: My Story From Para to Teacher (PSESD)
BIPOC Educators Who Started As Paras Like You Share Their Stories
- 4:30 PM | Future Jobs Outlook, The Need for Bilingual Educators (OSPI)
- 5:00 PM | Financial Aid Workshops (WSAC)
- 5:30 PM | District Paraeducator Pathways Programs (Districts GYO)
Meet Directly With Districts Waiting to Meet You Including Auburn, Federal Way, Highline, Kent, Renton, Tukwila, and Seattle
- 6:00 PM | Community College Workshops (Highline & Seattle)
- 6:30 PM | University Teacher Programs (WWU, PLU, ARC, CWU)
About the Grow Your Own Initiative
This event is a part of the regional Grow Your Own (GYO) programs that are highly collaborative, community-rooted, and provide intensive supports including recruiting, developing, placing, and retaining diverse educators. GYO programs also dismantle institutional racism, work towards educational equity, and improve academic outcomes for all students. This program is a partnership between Puget Sound ESD and Professional Educators Standards Board and regional school districts including Auburn, Federal Way, Highline, Kent, Renton, Tukwila, Seattle. Learn more about GYO.